Re: [LUG] Personal vs Public List Messages

Rhia Knowles wrote:
TPS? Dont make me laugh.

I signed up to that. Ok my UK based spam calls stopped, but we started to get foreign spam. Usually robots. now we have caller ID and if the number isnt recognised, they can talk to the answer machine.
Alas caller ID means that people abroad have problems - and it costs you a fortune to call back.
I firmly believe that a policy of 'bankrupt the bastards' is the most fun.
Answer the phone, on discovering a phone scam go and get a pen. Return a bit later on of your children has spilt something..... repeat ad infinitum. We had a call on on sunday and managed to keep him on the line for 25 minutes - at the end (through speakerphone) we heard him bleating that this was costing us £3.50 a minute - so I picked up the phone and told him I'd traced the origin of his call and hacked his autodial system and it was costing him £10.50 a minute now and put the phone back on the table. He eventually dropped the line and called some 15 times to talk to the answerphone. Now that must have cost him and his organisation a small fortune - even at discount prices. We make a policy of doing this this to all calls of that sort - its actually good fun!

But what most people seem to fail to realise is its YOUR phone - not theirs: you dont have to answer it - even if it is a mobile. Get your life back ignore the bloody thing!
Tom te tom te tom