Re: [LUG] Personal vs Public List Messages

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 06:42 +0000, bas wrote:
> On 01/06/2010 09:14 PM, james kilty wrote:
> >> Don't ever, ever post it to anything, anywhere that you might think is
> >>
> > I searched pipl.com for my name and one entry had address and phone
> > number! one of my email addresses was there too.
> > James
> > -- james kilty
> blimey, that pipl.com is a little scarey !
But it's good for finding people. There are others that harvest from
social networks as well. The crooks who assemble personal data for
misuse can have a field day if we are not careful. I don't put my d.o.b.
anywhere public, and my web sites and phone book also provide what's on
pipl.com. Ditto when I chat about ancestors and family tree - no
d.o.b.s.

James
--
james kilty