Re: [LUG] Feb meeting

Paul Sutton wrote:

Out of interest, recently I had an urge to put a couple of disto reviews
on the Wiki but didn't as I wasn't sure if it was worth hanging on until
I get a login account for the Drupal site.

If it's only going to be say a week then I'll probably put something
together on the laptop and post it when I get a login account.  Does the
new Drupal site support uploading of images too (I'm thinking things
like screen shots)?

Rob

As far as I am aware the wiki is staying up, but I guess will eventually
get linked to by the drupal site,

Feel free to add some distro reviews, There is a page which I created
that has a list of distros and current versions (needs monitoring so its
up to date).  So i guess for debian you can create a wiki page called
DebianReview, and do it that way and then link from the list.

If of course the drupal site does support pictures, that may be a better
option.

I would guess we can cross link the two.

Paul

I was under the impression the Drupal site was replacing the existing site completely. I've already done a review on the old wiki, was a couple of years ago.

If I do a Debian review (for the PS3) then it would be quite short... something like... I booted from CD and it wouldn't work, gave up trying after being pestered by the kids for their PS3 back and did something else instead.

When I get time I will do a mini review of YellowDog 6.2 and one of Xubuntu 9.04 on the PS3. Not sure if I'll be able to get screen shots though, I'll give it a go (might have to cheat and install the distros in Qemu to get screen shots).

Rob