Re: [LUG] Feb meeting

Rob Beard wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>>

>>> Out of interest, recently I had an urge to put a couple of disto reviews
>>> on the Wiki but didn't as I wasn't sure if it was worth hanging on until
>>> I get a login account for the Drupal site.
>>>
>>> If it's only going to be say a week then I'll probably put something
>>> together on the laptop and post it when I get a login account.  Does the
>>> new Drupal site support uploading of images too (I'm thinking things
>>> like screen shots)?
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>> As far as I am aware the wiki is staying up, but I guess will eventually
>> get linked to by the drupal site,
>>
>> Feel free to add some distro reviews, There is a page which I created
>> that has a list of distros and current versions (needs monitoring so its
>> up to date).  So i guess for debian you can create a wiki page called
>> DebianReview, and do it that way and then link from the list.
>>
>> If of course the drupal site does support pictures, that may be a better
>> option.
>>
>> I would guess we can cross link the two.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> I was under the impression the Drupal site was replacing the existing
> site completely.  I've already done a review on the old wiki, was a
> couple of years ago.
>
> If I do a Debian review (for the PS3) then it would be quite short...
> something like... I booted from CD and it wouldn't work, gave up trying
> after being pestered by the kids for their PS3 back and did something
> else instead.
>
> When I get time I will do a mini review of YellowDog 6.2 and one of
> Xubuntu 9.04 on the PS3.  Not sure if I'll be able to
> get screen shots though, I'll give it a go (might have to cheat and
> install the distros in Qemu to get screen shots).
>
> Rob

This seems to be going off at a tangent, i have started a new thread for
disussion on what to add to the drupal site.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
The January meeting of the DCLUG will now take place on SUNDAY 10th
January, 3pm at the shoreline in Paignton.
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details