Re: [LUG] Personal vs Public List Messages

Simon Waters wrote:
tom wrote:
What we need is sensible bank accounts - a public number that can be
used to put money in, and another 'secret' # for withdrawing/transfers
that the honest pubic dont need/want to know about. Simples but not
simples enough for those grabbing.....

Sounds complicated to me.

All we need is a sensible authentication step when making withdrawals.
That is part of authentication! Currently everyone who gets a cheque or transfer from you knows you account number. If (in theory) the only person who knows your outbound account number is you then your half way there. Anyone can use your inbound account number - at least thats the way I'd like it. I'd also like an account that never goes overdrawn full stop. No stupid charges and letters. These things are easy to implement - but as the bank makes most of its money through your mistakes we need a new bank that works for the customers. Its technically quite simple - legally/financially hard to implement as the rules say you need a lot of money in the back to cover for things a bank like this could never do!
Tom te tom te tom