Re: [LUG] OT: Snow was Why don't they learn

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:48:25 +0000
> bas <baslake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello bas,
>
>> winters the insides of the windows where a sheet of ice. what about
>
> I had a place like that in the 1980s.   :-(
>
>> the winter of 1963 then ? had snow level with the fences (6 foot
>
> I remember the winter of 63 because the snow came over the tops of my
> wellies.  Okay, I was only three, and my boots were no more than 4"
> high, but cold wet feet made a lasting impression on me.

 I lived in northern Canada, under ice/snow from September to May,
inside windows condensation-from-breath ice  build up to 4 to 5 inches
thick with room at constant 84 degrees F and only a finger hole inserted
 often kept a peep hole clear!

But at least we had studded types so ok to drive on packed snow/ice down
to about minus 35 deg F. When overnight fall was above 40 inches well
just dig the car out!

Wellies with snow in over the top always make a lasting impression as
the snow inside  melts slowly and is a bad experience - much worse that
minus 35F!
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald