Re: [LUG] OT: Snow was Why don't they learn

On 01/06/2010 08:50 PM, Rob Beard wrote:
winters the insides of the windows where a sheet of ice. what about

I had a place like that in the 1980s. :-(

the winter of 1963 then ? had snow level with the fences (6 foot

I remember the winter of 63 because the snow came over the tops of my
wellies.  Okay, I was only three, and my boots were no more than 4"
high, but cold wet feet made a lasting impression on me.
I'm sure I've seen pictures of the winter of '63, at least I think it was, when my mum was a teenager. I don't remember it though being 14 years before I was even a twinkle in my parents eye.

Rob
i was about 12 years old then, the following year moved from london to ipplepen, makes me shiver just thinking about it. mind you, the weather @ present making me shiver ! by the way, any body know of any preheated spanners i could invest in ? :) my hands hurt with the cold picking them up this time of year.

--
bas.