Re: [LUG] Snow

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 12:22 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> The wife and I have made a decision to walk to the shops and leave the
> car where it is for the next couple of days.

Same here. I have a perfectly good local shop nearby, and walking to a
Tescos is not that far away. If I have to I can walk to the main road
and (I assume) get a bus into Plymouth for work.

I emailed my boss this morning saying I wasn't even going to bother
trying to get to work. I can do a lot of my work from home - nice
advantage of IT (programming/administration) :-) My boss said that at
work it was 'like a graveyard' - I assume he meant a lack of bodies
rather than dead bodies lying around! :-)

North Plymouth - snowing again. Not too deep - only 3 or 4 inches, but a
bit icy.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001