Re: [LUG] christmas Right off topic

Rob Beard wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>>
>> Rob Beard wrote:

>>> Yeah, I never did have one, I did in fact see some in Torquay the other
>>> day, I was tempted :-)
>>>
>>> I've got a feeling tomorrow I'm going to be putting the kids PC together
>>> (well it kind of is, the motherboard and bits are connected together on
>>> their desk).  For now they'll have to make do with a Sempron 3300+.
>>> That'll at least keep them busy until I can get a look in on their new
>>> PS3 (which I'll attack with a Linux CD later on in the evening).
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>> Ah true hacker, within a few hours of a new toy arrving we are doing
>> things too it,  that beats me I think I had ubuntu 9.04 dual booting
>> with 8.04 within 48 hours of getting my dell mini 10.
>>
>> mind you, if it was the windows version then it would have probably been
>> far far quicker.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> LOL yeah.
>
> I was going to upgrade the hard drive on the PS3 but I've not got a
> spare drive at the moment.  Maybe sometime next year the laptop will get
> an upgrade.  Not to mention I have to bear in mind it's the kids, not
> mine.  But it'll be in the lounge on the main telly so it would be rude
> not to install Linux on it.
>
> Rob

well yeah,  just don't break their new toy, Will they mind having Linux
on it ?

paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
The January meeting of the DCLUG will now take place on SUNDAY 10th
January, 3pm at the shoreline in Paignton.
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details