Re: [LUG] christmas Right off topic

Paul Sutton wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:
On 24/12/2009 18:46, Julian Hall wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
Slinkying?

As in with a Slinky spring?

Rob
Guess so as stairs are mentioned :)  They're not called slinkies
anymore - although they always will be to those of us of a certain age
or over :)

Julian

Yeah, I never did have one, I did in fact see some in Torquay the other
day, I was tempted :-)

I've got a feeling tomorrow I'm going to be putting the kids PC together
(well it kind of is, the motherboard and bits are connected together on
their desk). For now they'll have to make do with a Sempron 3300+. That'll at least keep them busy until I can get a look in on their new
PS3 (which I'll attack with a Linux CD later on in the evening).

Rob

Ah true hacker, within a few hours of a new toy arrving we are doing
things too it,  that beats me I think I had ubuntu 9.04 dual booting
with 8.04 within 48 hours of getting my dell mini 10.

mind you, if it was the windows version then it would have probably been
far far quicker.

Paul

LOL yeah.

I was going to upgrade the hard drive on the PS3 but I've not got a spare drive at the moment. Maybe sometime next year the laptop will get an upgrade. Not to mention I have to bear in mind it's the kids, not mine. But it'll be in the lounge on the main telly so it would be rude not to install Linux on it.

Rob