Re: [LUG] New "Psion" sub-netbook

Philip Whateley wrote:
Just found this:
http://www.psixpda.com/

The company is owned by an ex-Psion engineer.

Having contacted them, they are offering two versions (either Windows XP
pro or Ubuntu (I assume UNR), both at Â499.99, which seems a bit pricey.

I might be interested if the price was lower, as I need something that
will slip into a pocket, but has a qwerty keyboard (albeit a little
small for serious typing)

Phil
Yep it is a bit pricey really. I'm sure Gordon said that the new Nokia phone which runs Linux is cheaper than this (I know this isn't a phone, but from what I hear about it, I guess it's along the same sort of lines).

You could also look that the Pandora handheld. It's a handheld games console running Linux but I believe it will also run serious Linux apps such as XFCE. There is a video of it running XFCE here: http://pandorapress.net/tag/xfce/

Still I'm sure this new device will find a few followers who have 500 quid spare to spend on one.

Rob