Re: [LUG] Linux on memory stick

baslake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Posted by "Barry Ayres" <baslake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi luggers,

           A while back some one posted the link to some software that allowed Linux
to run from a memory stick within windows (lost the link) or to be booted from into
Linux, could some one re-post the link again please ?

bas.
--

If you want to run Linux within a running Windows ie. as a windows executable then try qemu-puppy Linux:

I can't remember the URL but this page seems to point in the right direction.

http://mypcquickref.110mb.com/qemu.shtml

I believe the current version is at 2.17.

It appears to be easy to adapt to other Linuxs but I wouldn't bank on it.

When in Windows plug in the USB stick, click the exe and after quite some time you'll have Linux running in it's own Windows window.

Keith