Re: [LUG] Linux manners

T Brownen wrote:
I conducted a some what unscientific search for rudeness with relation to Linux
The following make interesting reading.

on Google search
397,000 for pclinuxos stupid
5,080 for pclinuxos arrogant

You forgot to normalise your results by base frequency.

pclinuxos 776,000
debian 55,400,000
Ubuntu 60,900,000

(Google numbers are pretty unreliable and variable)

846,000 for debian stupid
22,700 for debian arrogant
2,960,000 for ubuntu stupid
60,500 for ubuntu arrogant

Would anyone like to comment as to why Ubuntu is associated with rudeness

Normalising by frequency

pclinuxos stupid 397,000/776,000 = 0.51
Debian stupid 846,000/55M = 0.015
Ubuntu stupid 2,960/60,900 = 0.048

Oh and for comparison

windows stupid -- 0.039

(and they have glass to boost their numbers).

I conclude your method is broken or the rudeness is disproportionately with PCLinuxOS.

Although a quick sample suggests "stupid" is mostly used in referring to PCLinuxOS not the users (or would be users). Similarly for Ubuntu, the first his is "stupid tricks". So if the method is right we conclude Debian is least stupid, and pclinuxos is ten times worse than Windows.

Lies, Damn Lie, and statistics.