Re: [LUG] OT: Terry Pratchett

On Saturday 12 December 2009, Steph Foster wrote:
> Julian Hall wrote:
> >> I have all the Discworld series, some of the children's books, the
> >> New Discworld Companion and vol 3 of the Science of Discworld.  I
> >> wasn't as keen on Nation, but I am looking (I nearly typed 'ooking'
> >> *LOL*)
>
> Bananas at the ready !

> > I'd give myself dropping the hardback on my face bursting out laughing :)
> >
> > When asked I describe TP as a mix of Monty Python and Tolkien -
> > fantasy and hare-brained madness :)
>
> Perhaps a good metaphor !
>
> > What are people's favourite books?  Mine is usually 'the one I'm
> > reading now' which is a cop-out, but in general I think Night Watch,
> > or possibly Monstrous Regiment.
>
> I think probably "Guards Guards" or "Pyramids".
>

> The tongue in cheek reference to Freemasonry in Guards Guards gave me
> such a belly laugh.
>
> Even when we do lose the dear Mr P to Alziheimers we can still remember
> him as he was by simply opening a book.
>

> Just remember that drinking too much coffee can make you knurd.
>
> Steph

How can you have a favourite when you have such a range from the witches to
Death in Soul Music. And Eric. And Cohen the Barbarian. And the magicians.
And. And.

I, by the way Julian, found Nation very thought provoking and enjoyed it
immensely.  (Fancy that, I didn't know how to spell "immensely".)

George