Re: [LUG] OT: Terry Pratchett

Julian Hall wrote:

I have all the Discworld series, some of the children's books, the New Discworld Companion and vol 3 of the Science of Discworld. I wasn't as keen on Nation, but I am looking (I nearly typed 'ooking' *LOL*)
Bananas at the ready !

>> as all my book reading is in bed and I don't fancy the black eye I'd give myself dropping the hardback on my face bursting out laughing :)

When asked I describe TP as a mix of Monty Python and Tolkien - fantasy and hare-brained madness :)
Perhaps a good metaphor !

What are people's favourite books? Mine is usually 'the one I'm reading now' which is a cop-out, but in general I think Night Watch, or possibly Monstrous Regiment.

I think probably "Guards Guards" or "Pyramids".

The tongue in cheek reference to Freemasonry in Guards Guards gave me such a belly laugh.

Even when we do lose the dear Mr P to Alziheimers we can still remember him as he was by simply opening a book.

Just remember that drinking too much coffee can make you knurd.

Steph