Re: [LUG] OT: Terry Pratchett

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009, Terry Hill wrote:

I love TP, have pretty much the full collection.

He deserves a lot better from the idiots that dish out the bookers.

He's written some serious satire, has a dab hand with irony and
manages to fit in some pretty powerful "life" messages at the same
time.

@ Rob - I'd recommend giving him a go - but start at the beginning if
you want to get the most out of the discworld books.

And just to warn you - you might find the first 2 books somewhat odd as I suspe3ct he was just finding his own style and the discworld back them. The Colour of Magic is No. 1 and The Light Fantastic is No. 2.

You could also start with the Witches Triligy too.

Gordon