Re: [LUG] Small ARM Server/Dev platform

On 10/12/2009 19:56, bas wrote:
Then there is the new Atom CPUs coming out next year which IIRC have slightly higher power consumption but have integrated graphics and memory controllers which cuts down on the need for as much in the supporting chipset which I believe overall cuts power consumption
Good to see that the gamers out there will be playing on atoms soon :) love the way its going though, boards with powerful graphics on-board and low power drain, certainly good enough for general use, hd graphics too.
bas.
I tend to do my gaming on PPC and ARM :-)

(XBOX 360, Wii and DS).

I got fed up years back trying to upgrade my PC to play the latest games. My brother in law has just bought a flashy new PC (although I can't determine what he has, all he knows is it's a 'Pentium Quad Core' with 'two graphics cards). I'm guessing he's got either a Phenom II X4 or a Core i5/i7.

Personally I can't see the attraction, games consoles do the job for me without having to worry about compatibility or running Windows. If you ask me, I'm happy still playing Duke Nukem 3D and Doom death matches. On that note, does anyone know if it's possible to run DOOM over LTSP on older spec machines?

Rob