Re: [LUG] MS getting a hammering: was OT- Cheap Laptop

Just one thing. Win7 starter is only for 'developing markets' eg the places they are sending those OLPC computers.  They wont be releasing it here.

I'm sure we're all gutted...

2009/11/25 Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx>
2009/11/25 Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I agree with this. This time last year I walked into PC World and had a
> choice of Linux based netbooks. When I took my netbook back to PC World
> last week, because I thought it had a fault (it didn't), there were
> none, everything was either Win XP or Win 7. It seems such a shame.

That should change next year. ARM based netbooks running Linux distros
such as Ubuntu, and netbooks running Google Chrome OS should be around
by then.

Cheers,
Al.