From: "Simon Waters"
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] networking a printer + pasted files
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:08:14 +0000

aaron moore wrote:
> Hi Lug
> Please can some body help me with networking my printer. I just
> want to use a printer connected to suse machine with other mixed
> machines on the network. I can print locally, and see the printer
> on the network but no printing. I have been defeated for months
> with no fancy passwords or authentications
> Here is my samb.conf ttp://tinypaste.com/5ac6f

Okay completely ignore samba till you have a working Windows client.

You only need this to advertise the printer to Windows client,
which has it's own issues.

The whole point of IPP is to get away from rubbish like Microsoft
networking ;)

> Here is my cupsd.conf file from the cups gui
> http://tinypaste.com/71483

Looks unduely complex.

This post looks pretty much like what I did last time....

http://www.owlfish.com/thoughts/winipp-cups-2003-07-20.html

I think lose the BrowseAddress lines, and make sure you BrowseAllow
your network (or ALL) for starters.

Although I don't have a CUPS server around at the moment to check it on.

Then tell us what happens when you try and add a printer to
Windows, and if the windows box can surf to http://server:631/

Simon

-- The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG

Re-Form Furniture
Aaron Moore
Conileigh
Skinners Bottom