Re: [LUG] networking a printer + pasted files

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 18:28 +0000, aaron moore wrote:
When I add a printer in the MS box all goes well until I try to print from it..then I get 'Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup'.  When I  go to http://server:631 I get my cups front page (which is nice)
Thanks
Aaron

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Waters"
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] networking a printer + pasted files
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:08:14 +0000

aaron moore wrote:
> Hi Lug
> Please can some body help me with networking my printer. I just
> want to use a printer connected to suse machine with other mixed
> machines on the network. I can print locally, and see the printer
> on the network but no printing. I have been defeated for months
> with no fancy passwords or authentications
> Here is my samb.conf ttp://tinypaste.com/5ac6f
have you looked at
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/network.html  ?

Setting the debug may point at what is the problem
Is the printer named in the Xp hosts file?

Aaron Moore
Conileigh
Skinners Bottom
Redruth
Cornwall
TR16 5DY

Tel: 01209 890084
Mob: 07943715864
Email: aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.re-formfurniture.co.uk

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386