Re: [LUG] Wave, Ubu 9.10 and APT-Cacher-NG

Quoting tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The thing that's "new" about it, is the idea of conversation "trees".
Rather than the linear approach pretty much everywhere else, wave
allows you to take part and grow branches of conversation and comment
anywhere within a discussion.  I like the sound of this.

My email reader has had that for years! The more I read about it the
more I tend to think - nothing new and still doesn't solve the problem
of chaotic users. Its like the semantic web - really great idea, just
the users turn it into Gigo.

I've just been playing on Wave with a guy at work. I typed an entire paragraph and he selected it and then reaplced it with a single word - "WIN".

I can see it shortening Flame-wars but other than that... :(

I'd like to play with it - just to be sure but ...

I've sent you an invite.  I've got 6 more if anyone else wants one?

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx