Re: [LUG] Wave, Ubu 9.10 and APT-Cacher-NG

Terry Hill wrote:
Just a note on wave - I found this while browsing, it's an interesting read.

http://completewaveguide.com/guide/The_Complete_Guide_to_Google_Wave

There are a few things I didn't know about wave, if this site is accurate:

It's nowhere close to finished.  I'd assumed it was nearly ready.
Apparently it's still very much under construction.  I'm guessing this
is why it's so crashy.

The thing that's "new" about it, is the idea of conversation "trees".
Rather than the linear approach pretty much everywhere else, wave
allows you to take part and grow branches of conversation and comment
anywhere within a discussion.  I like the sound of this.
My email reader has had that for years! The more I read about it the more I tend to think - nothing new and still doesn't solve the problem of chaotic users. Its like the semantic web - really great idea, just the users turn it into Gigo.
I'd like to play with it - just to be sure but ...
Tom te tom te tom
It isn't an application, it's a protocol, and it's got a creative
commons license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/).
"...if Wave usage catches on, more Wave server and client software
from many different companies and organizations may become available
in the future—like web browsers and email programs did. The Wave
protocol is federated and does not centralize all information on
Google's servers..."

I just wish I could get a bloody invite for it..