Re: [LUG] A suggestion for a Colaborative Lug project.

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, kevin wrote:

I thought of a Lug Xmas List manager!
Data base driven
I could possibly manage crude php but I know how it's frowned on for
external security so some other Nix based coded front end,

Why do you think PHP is frowned upon for security, external or otherwise?

Just from responses to other web apps suggested in previous topics
I have my Small business manager web app in php but have been dissuaded
for developing it further.

If you're the one writing it, then you're the one who has control, and the ability to write it in a fashion that makes it robust.

what then  would be the best language we could all contribute in ?

PHP.

Which isn't the right answer - the right answer is a language that the majority of people who wish to contribute are happy to program in - assuming you're looking for contributions.

Gordon