[LUG] A suggestion for a Colaborative Lug project.

Hi all
My wife has been doing the "Xmas Manager" bit for both our families
again this year ( We all are supposed to supply each other with lists,
then liaise with each other (but not the recipient) to sort out
presents).

I thought of a Lug Xmas List manager!
Data base driven
I could possibly manage crude php but I know how it's frowned on for
external security so some other Nix based coded front end,

It would need
The list Family ( or Group) With login
Each member logging in then associating with one or more Families /
Groups
The setting up of a members list with links to gifts if they are that
specific.
group members selecting (anonymously) items in the list then
sms email updates to subscribed list members (to let them know an Item
has been taken).
Links to, and access to Gifts, Ebay, Amazon and Adverts to major gift
suppliers.
All with a Linux/ Lug  feel promoting Linux as a free Advertising theme.

Could be extended to Weddings also.

I have some data bases unused on my Web server and any one is welcome to
come and use the tearooms in Minions for Meetings etc
If it got big enough we could form a Lug company to develop it.

Your thoughts ?

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386