Re: [LUG] Nice little Linux based media player device

On 06/11/2009 10:17, tom wrote:
Basically the e-reader should be just a VERY slow low power screen with a small amount of mouse feedback and VERY low IO. I would imagine that you could have an e-ink screen, a very low power processor and some bluetooth that gives you a couple of controls and can talk to proper computers for days on end off an AAA rechargeable - that is the Unix philosophy! It does one job. And may work in the bath too. And the data on you PC could be shared to several of these too. I'd personally like a roll up version so I can stick it in the other pocket so my clamshell netbook can let me read while playing music on my wireless earphones.
Tom te tom te tom

Yep it's not too much to ask, I'm sure I have read somewhere that things like the Sony eBook reader and Kindle have MP3 players built in (although I may be wrong). I gather work is going on to make a roll up version of the e-ink screens although it's not been perfected yet.

Rob