Re: [LUG] Nice little Linux based media player device

Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

Just seen this on The Register...

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/05/review_media_player_hisense_1080p/

It's a nice little MIPS based media player device for just over £60. According to the review it will play various different media types including OGG (no mention of OGG Theora video though).

I've done a bit more digging and it appears it's Linux based. In fact there is a firmware update available which is a simple tar file.

I'm wondering how if it's possible to cross-compile anything to run on this little box. It only has 16MB flash but it does have Ethernet and USB.

Rob

Na - no more crippled computers for me - I'm waiting for a pocket sized netbook that can the lot. Oh for a modern psion .... I'm also trying to start a campaign up for an e-reader screen - no more crippled computers here just a bluetooth (hoch spit) or similar e-ink screen I can use to read stuff and connect it to my laptop/netbook/phone etc. Remember the days when people sold you things you needed and not what they wanted to plug into your bank account with...
Tom te tom te tom