Re: [LUG] Best place to buy netbook when leaving the country

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:56:53 +0100, Dan Lewis <danlewis.ltd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ahhh but what Michael pointed out is that you have to be "away" for 12
months. "sigh" it is exactly to stop people doing this. but if you have
friends visiting then...

I think tax/duty free might come under different rules to the retail export scheme. I remember worlddutyfree at edinburgh airport used to do a deal where you could buy a load of stuff and they'd hold it until you returned. I don't think they'd be holding it all for 12+ months. That was a few years ago so i supposed the rules could have changed.