Re: [LUG] Is 802.11n actually ratified now?

Yes it runs at 5ghz and 2.4Ghz which if you are in a secluded area gives you the ability to throughput hightraffic connections - ie gaming pc, connection nas, etc on the 5ghz frequancy and then everything else on the lower frequancy. be warned the lower the frequancy the better it will penetrate materials ie walls etc.

I dont believe that all wireless n devices are dual band, they can be either or and both. truthfully what i have found is that having a mimo card in my pc helped maintain signal quality more then anything else. yes the reach was a little better - but not what they claim.

I have a ibm r50e which is truly a fantastic laptop and i use an old pcmcia dlink wireless g card and get signals from the other apartment building across the road!!! and my main pc with the wireless n card doesnt do any better - about on par. i just never lose my signal with the primary pc.

hope it helps

i think it comes down to WHY? until you can answer this you should not have wireless n