[LUG] Is 802.11n actually ratified now?

I've been hesitant to replace a malfunctioning* wireless bridge and plus
buy an extra repeater for the other side of t'stone wall, 'cos I was
under the impression that "n" was still in draft, but I've noticed a lot
of "n" stuff appearing. I thought the ratification was happening this
month, October - has it actually happened earlier and I was asleep?

And is cheapo stuff like SMC wireless bridges reliable enough to upgrade
to an "n" wireless network (as also pcmcia netcards, as the laptops
didn't come with onboard cards that would play with linux anyway, so
time to upgrade those as well).

I'm feeling the speed issue somewhat on the laptops esp. when using a
nfs filesystem for certain of the home subdirectories.

*Refuses to reset to default values on pressing the button and thus
allow me to change password (not critical, its a strong one, but I like
to change periodically, and also increase transmit strength to high).
AND channel -- latter is being THE pain 'cos someone in the area is
using the same channel and I often can't get a connection. Must be
messing them up too but so far they haven't changed channels, probably
don't realise what the problem is, if it is what I assume it is that is
messing up connecting now that their network has appeared on the scan
list...