Re: [LUG] ADSL modem/router woes

Rob Beard wrote:
Julian Hall wrote:

Thinking of this subject reminds me... there was a default login customers could use to check if their phone line could log into the authentication at BT's end. That would help us work out if BT had setup the account properly on our side. Unfortunately I can't remember wth it was... bt_user@ somethingorother.
Set the username to bt_user@startup_domain and leave the password blank.

Rob

That was it.... your memory is better than mine... although that's not difficult according to my friends *lol*

IIRC bt_user@startup_domain checked if your DSL signal would connect to BT. Then bt_user@whateveryourispis would check if you could connect to the BT Auth server properly. Finally your proper login *should work*.. I think that's right?

Julian