Re: [LUG] ADSL modem/router woes

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 01:10:06 +0100, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael Mortimore wrote:
I've not had anything like the trouble you've had with adsl. I'm on cable atm but had adsl in london without much trouble. Maybe the infrastructure in devon is crap? Maybe you could try yelling at your ISP to check things at their end.
ISP is powerless if the phone lines are sub-standard - yelling at them won't help.
I suppose they wouldn't understand what you're saying. Better send them a letter instead.

I know this isn't what I said, but what i meant was that they could check the line for faults (or get BT to do it?). I would have thought that having problems and trying so many routers would be a good reason to suspect that the problem may not be the router.