Re: [LUG] ADSL modem/router woes

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:32:26 +0100
Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

> I guess everyone else on this list should have ADSL since there isn't
> much cable in Devon. What modems/routers do you use? How well do they
> work for you? Any debugging tips?

NetGear DG834, as others do here.  Not the wireless version, but
essentially the same device.

Whilst I live out in the sticks, I'm lucky, as the exchange is well
within a mile (telephone system cable length) and is visible from my
house across the valley.

With the addition of an iplate(0) I bought from Dabs, I get connections
at 7.5Mbps plus.

(0) http://www.dabs.com/products/bt-i-plate-58LT.html

--
 Regards  _