Re: [LUG] ADSL modem/router woes

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 21:32 +0100, Simon Williams wrote:
> What modems/routers do you use?
Draytek Vigor 2600G suggested by my son who is an electrical and
electronics engineer when moving to broadband as soon as it was
available in the outlying exchanges of West Cornwall. Upgraded the
firmware (via Windows) a few years ago. Not upgraded again.
>  How well do they
> work for you?
Very rarely do I try rebooting. Usually after a mains out and I want a
faster connection to be possible than the one negotiated when mains
returned. Otherwise I am very happy with it. There are 3 or 4 computers
using the Internet or network (simple one all wired via switches to the
router or wireless from one of the switches) at peak times -
occasionally more when we have visitors. Printing and remote (LAN)
working all go through it. The only minor inconvenience is when the
daughter's boyfriend connects before I open my laptop I have to change
the exports file with the new ip address (it doesn't like names) so I
can work with files on my desktop.
>  Any debugging tips?
No I am not qualified.

James