Re: [LUG] Projecting a portion of a screen

i can and failing all us will do this - its just that it leaves the widescreen laptop looking very weird as everything is stretched out. worst case scenario this is what i will do. would be ok if you could stop the distortion by having blank black strips on each side like they do with widescreen tvs showing old films...

Dan

2009/9/20 Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx>
2009/9/20 Chronoppolis <chronicdee@xxxxxxxxx>:
> We have a older 800x600 projector and a modern wide screen laptop with
> something like 1600x900. as such cloning the monitor across does funny
> things and it doesnt look good at all - what i was wondering was if i could
> project just an 800x600 portion of the wide screen - for example the text
> area of an email. has anyone heard of such a program?

Why not just run the laptop at 800x600 and clone the entire screen?

Cheers,
Al.

Joan Crawford  - "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I spend."