Re: [LUG] Anyone have a 3G USB Dongle that can be borrowed while switching ISP/network?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:18:43 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:
>
> > I meant re-assuring words about the switchover being quick... and
> > I'm not too bothered about how good or bad they are, because
> > they're the best around here and so long as they dont do anything
> > really bad such as block all ports other than 80, i'm fine. Dad'd
> > probably be fine even with every other port blocked.
>
> I don't know any ISP that blocks ports other than outgoing 25 (BT,
> AOL, Orange?)
>
> Gordon

Depending on what Internet tariff you've signed up with, 3 will either
block certain ports or whack you with a higher rate per MB if you
choose to try.  For example, if you sign up for the "mobile email"
tariff on your phone, and then try browsing you may well get whacked.
If you "tether" your phone, you may get whacked.  Etc, etc.

Grant.