Re: [LUG] Upgrade from to Ubuntu 9.04

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:29:58 +0100, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael Mortimore wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:52:34 +0100, Grant Sewell
<dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a nice way to find out which repo a given deb was
installed from?

closest i can find is apt-cache show [package] but it doesn't have
anything handy like the url of the repository, so I don't know.

On ubuntu if you do
cat /etc/apt/sources.list
this is where apt looks to find out where to download stuff,  I think
its the same for debian given that ubuntu is derived from debian (or
something like that).
That would tell you which repositories you can install packages from, but it doesn't tell you which package came from which repository, which is what I understood Grant was asking for.