Re: [LUG] Upgrading from previous versions of Ubuntu

james kilty wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 20:46 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
What it doesn't list is Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn), I'm not sure if it is possible to upgrade to 7.10 and then from 7.10 to 8.04, 8.10, 9.04 etc.
IIRC this particular upgrade made a hash of things and I had to
reinstall from a disc. It is a whole lot quicker anyway.
James

I must admit going on upgrading from 9.04 to the Alpha(?) of Ubuntu 9.10, I did wonder if it might be quicker to wipe / and just reinstall telling it to use my existing /home (but then I guess I'd have to add back all the other applications).

I can see benefits to both methods.

Rob