Re: [LUG] Own Asterisk Server

tom wrote:
> Has anyone tried using VOIP with a netbook - I mean a nice low power
> machine not one that is designed to run Windoze?
> Tom te tom te tom

I have asterisk running on a dell d600 laptop - 1.5Ghz  mobile centrino
with 512MB ram that has a broken screen - disconnected the screen,
installed and setup *  and it has been running my phones for the last 4
years.

I have it connected to the PSTN via a Sipura SPA3000 and have a Linksys
VoIP router with 2 normal phones connected, a SIP gateway(again with a
couple of normal phones connected) and a couple of  SIP hard phones, all
connected on a dedicated VLAN - just goes to show you dont need a high
end 'server' to run asterisk.

Oh and the added bonus is that the dell d600 fits nicely on a 1u shelf
and has its own battery backup ;-)

Dave