Re: [LUG] Own Asterisk Server

Neil Stone wrote:
> Headsets and soft phones are ok for home use.. but for people to accept
> a voip system in a business you really need to look in to hard phones,
> they just look and feel (and regularly sound) right..

I must confess that all the cheap headsets I've tried have been as good,
if not better that 'hard' phones 'audiowise*'- and anyone who uses a
phone a lot needs somewhere to take notes - Oh look a computer - type
type drop phone - Can I have hands free please...oh look a blue tooth
headset for about £6 or 20 times that for a hands free 'voip' phone.
Now if you want a VOIP videophone for £200 (that's a phone with a £10
webcamera in it)... just put it on the monitor above to the built in
webcamera...
I get the feel that a lot of VOIP hardware is just leftover thinking.
The computer CAN do it all.
Tom te tom te tom

* by audiowise I mean how they sound to record or listen. A headset is
generally in a working position and handset is often not - especially
when your taking notes with it jambed between ear and shoulder while you
build up neck stress for another call to claimsdirect for injuries at
work. Just get an easy break connector for when you take a walk with
them on...