Re: [LUG] department of work and pensions = FAIL

Mark Evans wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>>
>>> Not just DWP...
>>>
>>> http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/08/03/ie6-will-not-die/
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>> Quote from Orange...
>>
>> "Under no circumstances should Firefox be downloaded. Downloading any
>> application from the internet is against Orange policy. There is NO
>> support for Firefox in the operational environment. Orange Web
>> applications are all designed to run on IE6 and therefore there is a
>> likelihood that functionality will be impaired on Firefox. "
>>

>> Now that makes me wonder WHY staff are being given rights to install
>> anything anyway, surely they would lock down the desktop to stop things
>> like this.  Thinking about it a bit further though, surely that could be
>>

> Possibly they use IE as an application launcher, something Firefox can't
> do. Also likely to be combined with apps which "must" run under a user
> with admin privs.

And why on earth would they need to do that? Are they collecting data
from you or running a cloud on users PC's

I actually believe that some 'providers' get backhanders for writing MS
dependent code - or they cut and paste from MSDN. Either way they should
be on the 'not allowed to urinate taxpayers money up the wall' list.
Unfortunately the government takes its backhanders advice from MS
trained monkeys.
This is the sort of thing to write to your MP about. So they can go to
the MS trained advisors for advice...
Almost as depressing as the weather.
Tom te tom te tom
 Devons first pinniped hill farmer.