Re: [LUG] Linux based Regisrty editor?

I had to drive 360 miles to reinstall last time but I didn't think to
check his backup of Emails he keeps on ZIP disk.

We were taught by our instructor at Sun by him putting those on during
coffee breaks.

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 22:07 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> kevin wrote:
> >
> > I can't think how may people spend however many hours sorting out these
> > troubles on Windoze.  At least with Linux it's only Freezing browsers or
> > not ever getting your hardware to work!
>
> The browsers are usually just third party plugins.
>
> But you've obviously never had a root kit installed by someone malicious
> on a GNU/Linux box. It happens, it is rarer but they are pretty much
> impossible to remove. You usually just reinstall - something you
> probably should have done with XP.
>
>  Simon

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386