Re: [LUG] Linux based Regisrty editor?

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 17:05 +0100, Simon Williams wrote:
> kevin wrote:
> > Hi all and welcome to some more  noobies!
> > does any one have experience of editing using linux a Winxp Reg file? or
> > know if Knoppix can do it, away from the Machine?
> >
> >     I am plagued by my Father currently re acquiring this Trojan virus
> > which infects Services.exe and changes userinit.exe in the system32
> > folder.  I get him to delete the files using dual boot and Linux  but he
> > baulks at editing the reg to remove the line which points to the Trojan
> > like this.
>
> Have you tried malwarebytes? I do a lot of virus removal at work, and it
> almost never fails, including stopping them coming back.

No I have been trying to get him to remove this using the reg but so far
he has managed to delete the userinit.exe and broke his login. So no
windows for a minute.

Ill try to get malwarebytes for him if he can drop it from Linux to his
Win disk.
He also cant find the Dir which holds the Original Files which the Virus
keeps spawning from so we may be here a while.....

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386