[LUG] Linux based Regisrty editor?

Hi all and welcome to some more  noobies!
does any one have experience of editing using linux a Winxp Reg file? or
know if Knoppix can do it, away from the Machine?

        I am plagued by my Father currently re acquiring this Trojan virus
which infects Services.exe and changes userinit.exe in the system32
folder.  I get him to delete the files using dual boot and Linux  but he
baulks at editing the reg to remove the line which points to the Trojan
like this.
<snip>

The Trojan also creates the following keys in the system registry:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Serenta]
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Serenta\Run]
The SERVICES.EXE which is launched in a separate stream constantly
creates the following values in the system registry:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
 "SERVICES.EXE"="%Windir%\SERVICES.EXE"

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
 "Shell"="Explorer.exe %Windir%\SERVICES.EXE"
 "Userinit"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,,%Windir%\SERVICES.EXE"
</snip>
So I am thinking if he sent me the system, sam, software files I can
remove all traces and let him put them back using his dual boot.
Only I don't use Windows any more!

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386