Re: [LUG] lug website - about Us

> A simple way to give a website more 'beauty' is a few well placed
> graphics. I will when I get the time spend a little energy having a
> look to see what I can do to help. I wonder though whether we want two
> websites! I am happy to host an address such as linuxindandc.co.uk
> that would be an introduction to the LUG and also contain newbie
> articles etc and maybe content of a more 'friendly' nature. The site
> would link back to the current lug site and would be a cross working
> of the two sites.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Rich

Cool,  OK I have started a sub thread (is that the right term) with
this,  but any comments not relating to what is below can carry on with
the old thread, or new sub threads can be started for different sections
/ information.

Regarding a 2nd website,  www.dcglug.org.uk is already listed in
magazines so that will be where people first go to for info on the lug,
hence if it looks better it may encourage people to join.   Perhaps a
2nd website.   I think that should be in a different sub thread / topic.
  I am sure that is workable.

I have put comments in ( ) as some parts do need some improvement.

About Us:

Established in 1999, the Devon and Cornwall GNU / Linux user group is a
group of like minded people who all have an interest in using the GNU /
Linux operating system.  We also have interests in Free software so we
are not just limoted to issues relating to Linux itself.

Spread out over the Devon and Cornwall area,  by joining the LUG you are
sure to find local user who can help or by asking on the mailing list
you can take advantage of the expertise of over 200 members,  from home
users,  new users,  from a wide range of backgrounds and interests (that
bit needs rewording).

Join Us :

Membership is free of charge and all you need is a working e-mail
address in order to sign up.

Ok thats a start anyway.  I am thinking this can go on the very first
page,  the one people see when the goto www.dcglug.org.uk.

<insert section on joining here>

Once you are a member you have full access to the wiki and can add your
own content.  You can also read and edit your member profile,  and
browse the member book library so you can borrow books from other members.

Meetings:

We meet up on the first Saturday of the month*,  at the Shoreline cafe,
Paignton.  http://www.paigntonbeach.com.  Meetings are good for social
chat and problem solving.

*dates can be changed if for example the venue has a prior booking, but
changes are announced on the mailing list.

Archive.

Even if you don't join you still have access to our mailing list
archive,  which contains a vast amount of information.

<end>

Ok thats what I came up with in less than 20 mins.  Feel free to edit,
spell / grammar check.  But it's a start.

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org