Re: [LUG] 0870 numbers ...

On 02/07/09 20:11:24, kevin wrote:
> Can I suggest a New piece of Hardware or Linux Based phone that when
> caller phones and asks to speak to  "the Owner Of The Business?"
> wanting
> to Sell them Some cut price Utility. I say "Please Hold whilst I
> transfer you......" to a 0870 or some such premium rate number that
> will
> replace the lost revenue time I have spent answering their persistent
> calls.  I get up to 10 per day at least.  I know when they are on the
> line now, as you get a 5 sec delay from answering to them saying " Am
> talking to the Owner of the Business?" I give them 4.5 secs and
> replace
> the receiver.
>

> Regards
>
> Kevin Lucas

No but you can make asterisk use phonespamfilter.co.uk.
I ask withheld numbers, 0800 and spam callers to enter a 2 digit
number, that dumps to muzac on hold if they get it wrong.

That seems to have got rid of nearly all the cold callers.

Now all we need if for phonespamfilter to do that same as dcc and it
would be automated. I.E. if phonespamfilter get a lot of requests in a
short time then the number is question must be spam

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\