[LUG] 0870 numbers ...

Speaking with my telco hat on - Revenue generated from these numbers will
cease on the 1st of August, so if you or your customers have any 0870
numbers, beware!

And double-beware as some telcos may even charge to terminate calls to
these numbers - a reversal of pre. 1st of August times!

Some telcos are moving to the new 03 number range. These start 030 for
NGO/Charity numbers, and 033 for commercial businesses - These should be
charged to the caller at the same rates as calling 01 and 02 numbers, and
come out of inclusive minutes, however some telcos may impose termination
fees on these too - bit like 0870 above, and the current 0800 numbers!

The wholesaler I get my 03 numbers from isn't charging for termination -
yet, but they have reserved the right to do so.

Paying to receive a call would be every telcos dream, and you get 2 cuts
of the cake, but there is still a strong resistance to this model in the
UK - personally, I hope it never happens..

Gordon