Re: [LUG] DDR1 memory between 200 and 400mhz, 1GB sticks needed

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:

just to re-iterate the subject : DDR1 memory between 200 and 400mhz, 1GB
sticks needed

I *might* have some.

I have a box old old memory that came out of a Sun and an old PC. Really not sure what it is, but it doesn't fit DDR2 sockets...

I'm stupidly busy this week though, then on holiday next...

yet another crazy project is afoot, this time i've gotten somewhat irritated
with the 2 HDDs sitting ontop of my oil case (which incidentally, i shall
take more pictures of soon) and i have decided to move to some drives that i
can store inside the tank. this gives me 2 options: 1) buy an SSD
2) buy ram drives (as i can't get enough space out of the ram i can
install)

option 1 although lucrative, isn't exactly the best option when thought
about, the drives need constant maintenance to work at full speed, they are
still experimental and early adopters shall/are slapping themselves. The
main upside in comparison to the other option is that they are generally of
large capacity.

option 2 i find to be far more interesting, since the drives themselves will
last for one heck of a long time, and dont need maintenance, however they
are much smaller.

I plan to build an array of gigabyte I-RAMs, and use them as the only drives
in my computer, all extra storage will be provided by network drives. 1
I-RAM is enough to put my OS on, any more just provide extra space for games
and so on.

I am willing to offer enough money to cover the purchase of another 1GB
stick of RAM, which at ebuyer seems to be £7.04

First drive will be bought as soon as the PS3 is sold, although everything
seems determined to get me to not sell it...

I'm not sure I understand fully what you're saying there, but you know standard drives need air to work and are vented? I'm sure you do and I'm just mis-interpreting the email!!

For SSDs - what about compact flash and an adapter? They're relatively fast and plenty big enough now. There are even some Flash IDE drvices now that aren't marketed as SSDs... (I use both CF and Flash IDE drives in my PBXs - not cheap though)

Gordon