Re: [LUG] DDR1 memory between 200 and 400mhz, 1GB sticks needed

Max Siegieda wrote:

<snip>
> I am willing to offer enough money to cover the purchase of another
> 1GB stick of RAM, which at ebuyer seems to be £7.04
As an ex-employee of eBuyer I can tell you, eBuyer's own brand ram isn't
that good.  It was the first thing I was told when I started working there.

Shame really because at £7.04 for DDR1 memory I'd have been interested
in sticking a couple of DIMMs in my server (which would be cheaper than
replacing the motherboard just to use more recent memory).

Still, good luck with it.  I read on the Inquirer (I think, might have
been The Register) that Intel are going to be bringing out 320GB SSDs.
No doubt it'll be way over my budget for a good few years yet, but it's
something I'm looking forward to investing in when the prices come down
somewhat (/me thinks back to when I paid £150 for a 1GB drive and that
was including a staff discount!).

Rob