Re: [LUG] Lizard LUG?

Rob Beard wrote:
> sam tarling wrote:
>> How many people here would be interested in a local LUG (maybe
>> interconnected into DCLUG?) to provide a front for Linux development
>> and community in the Lizard area? For quite some time I've thought
>> that such a thing couldn't work due to not many people in the Lizard
>> being Linux users, but it seems there are more that I had guessed (I
>> base that on seeing about 5 people waiting to pick up their copy of
>> Linux Format (and yes I know, that's only 5 people)).
>> Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.
>>
>> Sam.
>>

> Not so sure about a LUG in itself, I guess it depends on the interest,
> but certainly some sort of LUG meeting down in Cornwall might be a good
> idea as I dare say Paignton is just a bit too far to go from Cornwall
> (at least from West Cornwall).  I think one of the good things about the
> DCGLUG is the wide range of skills we all have so say one of us for
> instance in Torbay is having a problem, someone in Cornwall or North
> Devon maybe might be able to help, just as if maybe someone down in in
> Hayle for instance might be able to get help from someone in Exeter or
> Plymouth.
>
> Hopefully with any luck by the end of the summer we should have the
> Exwick Community Centre all finished and ready for also hosting LUG
> meets in the Exeter area, and well I'm not sure what is going on in
> North Devon.  There was talk of a meet but I don't know what has
> happened with regards to that, but I think at the end of the day we
> should follow Paul's example, setup a meeting on a certain day and stick
> to it, then whoever can come along will come along rather than trying to
> agree dates and times with everyone and then have it not happen.  Even
> if it's a social meeting at a local pub/cafe etc (that way you can keep
> the costs down to a minimum and if no one turns up then all you've lost
> out on is a bit of time).
>
> Rob

I agree here that people should follow my idea,  find a venue, decide on
a time / date and just stick with it,  that way those that can make it
will.  Times can be adjusted later.  Are there are cafe's down your neck
of the woods, ?

Just a case of going in and asking,  then announce on the list,  if the
first meet goes ok, you can ask the owner if its ok to meet at the same
time each month,  ok this can be changed if needed say something going
on, but i think for the most part you can meet on the same day / time
each month all year.

good luck

Paul

- --
                                             nottuS luaP | Paul Sutton
                                           ten.paelz.www | www.zleap.net
fdo 00362 OSI stamrof elif dradnats OSI dna nepO troppuS | Support Open
and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
                             gro.ecnaillafdo.www//:ptth  |
http://www.odfalliance.org