Re: [LUG] Lizard LUG?

sam tarling wrote:
> How many people here would be interested in a local LUG (maybe
> interconnected into DCLUG?) to provide a front for Linux development
> and community in the Lizard area? For quite some time I've thought
> that such a thing couldn't work due to not many people in the Lizard
> being Linux users, but it seems there are more that I had guessed (I
> base that on seeing about 5 people waiting to pick up their copy of
> Linux Format (and yes I know, that's only 5 people)).
> Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.
>
> Sam.

Not so sure about a LUG in itself, I guess it depends on the interest,
but certainly some sort of LUG meeting down in Cornwall might be a good
idea as I dare say Paignton is just a bit too far to go from Cornwall
(at least from West Cornwall).  I think one of the good things about the
DCGLUG is the wide range of skills we all have so say one of us for
instance in Torbay is having a problem, someone in Cornwall or North
Devon maybe might be able to help, just as if maybe someone down in in
Hayle for instance might be able to get help from someone in Exeter or
Plymouth.

Hopefully with any luck by the end of the summer we should have the
Exwick Community Centre all finished and ready for also hosting LUG
meets in the Exeter area, and well I'm not sure what is going on in
North Devon.  There was talk of a meet but I don't know what has
happened with regards to that, but I think at the end of the day we
should follow Paul's example, setup a meeting on a certain day and stick
to it, then whoever can come along will come along rather than trying to
agree dates and times with everyone and then have it not happen.  Even
if it's a social meeting at a local pub/cafe etc (that way you can keep
the costs down to a minimum and if no one turns up then all you've lost
out on is a bit of time).

Rob